February 25, 2010

bonehead question gets bonehead answer

I wrote this on a job application when asked: What makes you an individual?



Him: So what are you into?

Her: Oh you know, not much, just being an individual.

Him: What does that mean?

Her: Just, like, I'm not like anyone else.

Him: Why don't you want to be like anyone else?

Her: Cuz everyone else is sooo boring (& unqualified).

Him: I'm not boring.

Her: Well, not you, but everyone else.

Him: Oh.

Her: Like, I don't want people to fall asleep when they talk to me.

Him: I don't think they would, if they're talking, seems unlikely.

Her: That's why you have to be an individual.

Him: How do you achieve this?

Her: Well, like, by buying obscure records and by thinking the craziest thoughts like what would happen if an alligator and a goat were having dinner and decided to have casual unprotected sex, would they, like, birth a goatagator or what? Like, that shit's crazy!

Him: Yea. I guess. But what is the benefit of being an individual?

Her: It's '09 dude, being different is in. This ain't no commie regime.

Him: Doesn't that make your point moot? If it's in, doesn't it mean it's mass?

Her: What? Mass? Dude I haven't been to church in years.

Him: Hm. Me either.


I did not get the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment